Source: Crazy for Chocolate (Periplus-step-by-step)
200 gm (61/2 oz) chocolate biscuits crumbs
100 gm (31/2 oz) butter, melted
100 gm dark cooking chocolate
1/4 cup cream
cocoa powder for dusting
200 gm dark cooking chocolate, melted
60 gm butter, melted
1/4 cup thick cream
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1 teaspoon boiling water
2 teaspoon gelatine
1 tablespoon water
3/4 cup thick cream, extra
To make Base:
- BRUSH a 23cm (9in) fluted, round, loose-bottom flan tin with melted butter/oil
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press mixture into base and sides of tin. Refrigerate until firm (~ 20 mins)
To make Chocolate Cream:
- Place chocolate and cream in a small heatproof bowl. Using double boil method, stir mixture over simmering water until smooth. Spread evenly over base of the prepared flan. Refrigerate until set
To make Mocha Mousse
- Combine chocolate, butter, cream and yolks in medium bowl, mix well. Add Combined coffee & boiling water.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in small bowl, and stir gelatine over a pan of hot water. Add gelatine to chocolate mixture.
- Using electric beaters, beat cream (extra) in bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream into chocolate mixture. Spread over flan and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream as desired.
Tepi flan yang dah 'reban' - you have to press firmly to avoid the fall
Note: Waited for Son 1 to provide a better image, meanwhile, enjoy this 'blurred' image ya