Buat ni bila my kakak called up saying she's coming over to my house later in the afternoon.
It was earlier that same morning that mem demonstrated her scones making talent to a few of us; dolly, hanim and myself upon invitation from the host linda.
(source: Noraini aka mem)
8 oz self raising flour
2 oz margarine/butter
pinch of salt
2 oz cheese (i combine mozza/cheddar)
1/2 pint sour milk (*)
- Set oven to 400*F / 200*C.
- Grease baking tray/line with baking paper
- Sift flour and salt
- Add butter and use rub-in method till it resembles bread crumb
- Add in cheese, use fork to incorporate
- Make well in center and pour sour milk
- Mix to a stiff dough
- On flat surface, knead lightly and roll to about 3/4" thick
- Shape using cutter (if no cutter just cut square of slant for diamond shape using knife)
- Arrange on baking tray, glaze with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake for 15-20 mins (varies with oven)
Serve hot with butter & favourite jam
Alternatively you can replace;
a) cheese with 2 oz sugar + 2 oz fruits (dried of yr choice)
b) sour milk with 1 egg + 1/4 pint milk
How to make Sour milk;
1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 cup milk
Or just with butter....