Claypot Chicken Rice.
This is an 'ala-claypot' chicken rice as i don't have claypot to put my rice into.
A simple procedure where you have it all; rice and chicken in one cooking, highly recommended to busy women out there.
2 cups rice, washed & drained
10 pcs dried shitake mushroom (cleaned & soaked for 1 hr)
1 chicken, cleaned, cut to 20 pcs
3 1/2 cup liquid (ie water + liquid from marinated chicken)
Sesame oil (optional)
2-3 Tbsp dark soy sauce (caramel type)
3 Tbsp light soy sauce (more if you wish)
5 garlic, crushed
1 onion, sliced
1" ginger, crushed
1 chicken stock cube
Salt, only if required
- Marinate chicken with the marinade.
- Drain chicken and place in rice cooker. Retain the excess liquid.
- Squeeze excess liquid from shitake mushroom and place on chicken.
- Put rice onto chicken/mushroom, distributing evenly.
- Add 3 1/2 cup liquid(*) into rice cooker.
- A dash of sesame oil (if using).
- Cook as normal.
(*)Using the cup (or whatever cup used to measure rice), measure the excess marinade, top with plain water to make 3 1/2 cup liquid
Serve hot. You can garnish with either salted fish or salted egg, & spice it up with cut cili padi or cili sauce.
I made sauce by mixing blended cili with cili sauce, salt & sugar and stirring over medium fire to thicken.
- This is just a reference, you can adjust quantity/ingredient to your need.
- 3 cups rice ideally yield 6 serving, but can differ in actual case.