Alhamdulillah....I am almost back, if not fully.
Thank you friends for your kind words....we may have not met but I know I have many out there.
" A true friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though he knows you are slightly cracked" - Bernard Meltzer
To sum my 'gloomy-ness':
We visited a close relative who was hospitalised .......
alhamdulillah, he pulled thru from ICU--->HDU---->normal ward--->home.
His strong will obviously put some of us to shame.
Get well fast!
My very first try sometime last week....after confiding with sifu. Big TQ mamafami for sharing your ideas & expertise. Allow me to just C&P ye.
Even though I only made the cookies & a store-bought fondant, I am happy with the outcome.
I need more practice and patience to produce a better looking fondant cookies.
My son & friends say sedap; cookies very sedap, fondant not very very sweet=niceee
Nak cuba buat fondant sendiri?? Tunggulah bila urat rajin semua kembangggg
My first try.........
orange white fondant with everything anything motives
250 g margarine
140g castor sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 410g cookies flour
1. Sieve flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Cream margarine and sugar. Add in egg yolks one at a time. Add in vanilla essence. Continue beating.
3. Add sifted dry ingredients till a soft dough is formed.
4. Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5.. Roll to the thickness desired. Cut using a cookie cutter. Arrange on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Bake in a preheated oven till golden brown. I used fan-oven at 150 C for 30 minutes.
7. Leave to cool completely before decorating with fondant or royal icing.
notice the untidy petals? That's where patience come in