3 tablespoon meat curry powder, mixed with 1/4 cup tamarind juice
1 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
1 cup dhall (split peas or lentils), soaked & boiled till 'broken'
2 cups water
1 cup thick coconut milk.
1 aubergine, cut to small pieces.
1 carrot sliced abt 1 cm thick
3 potato, peeled and cut each into 4
~ 10 long beans, cut 1"
2 tomatoes, quartered
1 onion, sliced *
3 garlic, sliced *
1/2 ginger, sliced, julienne *
1 cinnamon bark *
2 star anise *
2 cloves *
3 cardamom *
1 stalk curry leaves
- Saute * till fragrant
- Put in curry paste stir for few seconds
- put in water and add in boiled lentils
- Let it boil for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add in potato & carrot and boil a further 10 mins.
- Add aubergine, long beans, tomatoes.
- Add coconut milk and boil until all vegetables are cooked. Add salt to taste
- Throw in curry leaves and green cili & turn off fire.
Note: This vege curry gravy should be slightly thick.
Can add extra curry powder if you like.