.....atau nama lainnya Bengkang (bingka) Ubi Kukus.
I did this cake 'by accident' when i saw already-grated-tapioca at the market today. There's only about 200 gm left so i said 'kasi semua...'
Not knowing what to make(actually), i bought some grated coconut & also coconut milk.
Then I thought maybe i should try steaming it....
It tastes good. I don't have a proper recipe but would like to share how simple it is to make this.
all you need is:
Grated tapioca (ubi kayu parut) - strain
Enough sugar - I just use sugar syrup
pinch of salt
Food colouring (if you like)
Grated coconut mix with little salt
- Mix grated tapioca, syrup & salt to your taste.
- Steam half the mixture for ~ 15 mins.
- Add red colouring to the other half and pour on top of the 1st mixture.
- Steam for another 20-30 mins.
- Leave to cool, cut and roll it over grated coconut.
Coincidently I have visitors at home today, so they had this