Two apples had been in the fridge for a long time, so I made this simple & quick crumble.
Just want to share with you this no-proper-recipe version
2 cups of flour
1/2 block butter (125gm)-diced
Castor sugar (white or brown is fine)
- Place flour in bowl, add in diced butter. Use rubbing-in method until crumbly.
- Add 3-4 Tbsp sugar & mix well.
- Place half the crumble in baking dish.
- Line with thinly sliced apples, sprinkle another 2-3 Tbsp sugar on the sliced apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder if you like
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add the remaining flour(crumble) on top to cover apples.
- Sprinkle more sugar if you want (brown sugar will give a nice colour)
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes (or until soft brown).
500 ml milk (i use dutch lady low fat milk )
5-6 Tbsp sugar
4 Tbsp custard flour - mix with 1/4 cup water
- Heat milk and sugar in a pan (do not boil)
- Add in custard mix and keep stirring under medium heat until it thickens.
Note: This recipe is not sweet, add more sugar if you prefer sweeter.