Sebelum keluar 'merayau' tadi, sempat buat bihun goreng tomyam ni. Some people may called it mee siam, meehoon, small noodles or whatever. I put tomyam paste just to be slightly different.
Tomyam Fried Beehoon
1 pkt beehoon (~400 gms) - soak in cold water abt 1 hr to soften and strain
4 cloves garlic
1 big onion or 5 pcs of the smaller ones
1 stalk lemon grass
1/3 cup blended cili
3 Tbsp tomyam paste (available at groceries)
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp Black soy sauce
Light soy sauce to taste
1/2 Round cabbage (thinly slice)
150 gm prawns, shelled
- Blend/pound garlic, onion and lemon grass.
- Saute pounded stuffs till fragrant.
- Add in prawns followed by cili and tomyam paste.
- Add sugar, black soy sauce and light soy sauce and stir for another 5 minutes
- Put in beehoon and stir so the beehoon is evenly covered with gravy.
- Keep stirring until beehoon is soft.
- Add more soy sauce/sugar if necessary.
- Scoop in serving dish and garnish accordingly.
Happy trying and have a good day
Note: This dish tastes just nice & as in all cooking, TASTE is very subjective. Thus, you may want to add more tomyam paste or more cili to your preference. You may also add more leafy green vege & omit prawns for vegetarian.